Rewarding career, rewarding benefits
Over and above knowing you’ve contributed to making a difference, you’ll be working within a supportive and inclusive working environment. Our range of benefits are designed to reflect this and include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme – Opportunity to join the Local Government Defined Benefit Pension Scheme.
- Healthy Work/Life Balance – A 35 hour working week, Flexi-time scheme, working from home opportunities.
- Generous Annual Leave – Minimum of 25 days holiday, rising after four years of continuous service plus eight statutory bank holidays and three, paid Christmas closure days.
- Commitment to health and wellbeing – Free onsite gym and shower facilities, cycle to work scheme, free yearly health check-up, employee assistance programme, access to CSSC Sports and Leisure website, discounts on days out, restaurants and high street shopping, contribution towards eye-tests and glasses.
- Season ticket loan – Interest free public transport ticket loan.
- Commitment to ongoing development – Payment of professional memberships fees and regular training workshops.
- Location – within walking distance of Underground and DLR stations, waterside location near Canary Wharf Shopping Centre and various bars, cafes and restaurants.
Depending on the role you are applying for there may be occasional travel requirements to other parts of the country to enable the post holder to carry out their duties fully. You will be advised of any such commitments as part of the recruitment and selection process.
Celebrating and Promoting Diversity
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity in our employment practices. We also accept and value individual difference.
The importance of this is reflected in our Equality & Diversity Policy and Dignity at Work Policy (viewable on our website). All employees are expected to understand their rights and obligations as described in these documents. They are also reflected in our value base (Working together, Respect, Integrity, Solution Focussed and Excellence) and our competency framework. If you are successfully appointed to a role here, you will be expected to act in accordance with these policies, so why not take a minute to look over them now.
We also monitor the effectiveness of these policies and the health of our working environment. This is achieved through a number of initiatives including the use of Equality & Diversity Monitoring at recruitment, running a Your Views Count annual employee opinion survey and diversity monitoring of our employee population.
An appointment will be subject to a probationary period for 6 months. This time is planned to ensure that new employees settle properly into their jobs and that they are suited to the work and receive the appropriate level of support and guidance.
The 6 month period includes regular reviews with the new employee to discuss how the job is going and initial performance. Most probationary reviews are completed successfully.
Training and Development
We are committed to the training and development of all staff in order to achieve the Scheme’s objectives. As a new member of staff you will undergo a detailed induction programme. We organise a number of in house training courses and encourage staff to attend relevant external training courses where appropriate
The information contained here provides an indication of the main benefits associated with the position and working at the Housing Ombudsman Service. A full statement of the terms and conditions of employment will be supplied once an offer of employment is made.
Did you know…?
In our most recent employee engagement survey we scored
Employee involvement and wellbeing is important to us and we run a bi-annual employee engagement survey so employees can give feedback and express their opinions on different aspects of the organisation. Our engagement scores continue to improve.
We offer a range of benefits including minimum 25 days annual leave, final salary pension scheme and season ticket travel loan. Find out more…