Home-based / Remote – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
Fixed term contract
£54,833 plus excellent benefits
18 September, 2022 11:59 pm
Accessibility and Inclusion Manager
12 months Fixed Term Contract (secondment welcome)
Great opportunity to use your Accessibility and Inclusion expertise to help ensure our services offer a positive customer experience for all our customers (residents).
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution services for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
As our Accessibility and Inclusion Manager, you will review customer accessibility to our front end services, making proposals for change, implementing these and developing a forward plan (including projected budget implications and project plans) and the necessary supportive guidance for us to continue to enhance the accessibility and inclusivity of our services to customers on an ongoing basis.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide overall subject expert leadership, coordination, development, review and assessment of customer facing services, tools (including digital), policies, access matters and how this affects our service delivery to customers.
- Lead on the servicing of, and reporting to, the Accessibility Expert Panel.
- Develop insight for the Senior Leadership Team on the delivery of improved tools, policies etc to provide enhanced accessibility and inclusion for customers in using our services.
- Champion an organisational culture that values the customer experience and increasing access to our services.
- Lead on designated Inclusivity and Accessibility related projects as agreed with the Director for Quality, Engagement & Development and monitor implementation.
For this key role, you have an in depth understanding of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion law as it applies to Government bodies and across the social housing sector. Your track record will demonstrate your subject expert leadership, including the review and assessment of customer facing services, tools (including digital and phone-based), policies, access matters and how this affects service delivery to customers. You will be knowledgeable about the effective design and delivery of services aimed at providing a positive customer experience, with proven experience of project managing the delivery of services, monitoring impact and evaluating success.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance, including a 35 hour working week. Applications to carry out the role on a secondment basis are welcome.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of our ambitious, influential and growing organisation.
For further details, please download the information pack.
CLOSING DATE: 23.59 on Sunday, 18th September 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to close the role to applications earlier than indicated.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED