Our Vision : ‘Housing Matters: Fairness Matters’
We understand the importance of housing to people’s lives. We ensure the fair and impartial resolution of housing complaints, locally where possible. When things go wrong we put things right and encourage learning from outcomes. We help improve landlord and resident relationships. We role model the service we expect of others.
Our core values and behaviours
- We act fairly and impartially
- We are open and accountable
- We empower and respect those we work with
- We are proactive and take responsibility for achieving results
- We work as One Team within HOS and collaboratively with others
- We are curious, always seeking to learn and improve
Our strategic objectives
Our new strategic objectives from April 2016 are:
- We will deliver an accessible, high quality and timely complaints handling service
- We support landlords and residents to resolve more complaints locally
- Our decisions will be recognised as fair, impartial and effective
- We will support landlords to learn from outcomes
- We will be an accountable, well run organisation, using our subscription monies wisely.
Our Corporate Plan 2016 to 2019 has more detail on how we will deliver our strategic objectives.
Our Dispute Resolution Principles
We follow our dispute resolution principles in all our dealings with landlords, tenants and designated persons at any stage of the dispute resolution process.
The principles are:
- Be fair – follow fair processes and treat people fairly
- Put things right
- Learn from outcomes
We offer support to the people who contact us to resolve their problems. We treat people as individuals, respecting their diverse backgrounds and needs.
We do what we can to give access to our Service in a way that suits each individual. We try to make sure that the people who use our Service understand our role and the way that we work. Our decisions are not only fair and impartial; they are clearly set out, explained, and reasoned.
We constantly review the quality of our work and seek customer feedback so that we can improve our service. Evidence of an excellent service helps us to persuade our customers that our decisions can be respected even where they do not give them what they wanted.
Did you know…?
In our most recent employee engagement survey we scored
Employee involvement and wellbeing is important to us and we run a bi-annual employee engagement survey so employees can give feedback and express their opinions on different aspects of the organisation. Our engagement scores continue to improve.
We offer a range of benefits including minimum 25 days annual leave, final salary pension scheme and season ticket travel loan. Find out more…