Home based – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
Fixed fee per case. Typically c.£250 per case.
1 October, 2022 11:59 pm
Do you offer the proven ability to adjudicate on cases considering the facts, legal requirements, policy and good practice, before making balanced decisions based on evidence?
Are you looking for an opportunity that enables you to use these skills on a flexible basis and that can fit in around your other professional and personal commitments?
As a Bank Adjudicator, you will be responsible for complex cases and reviews; ensuring that cases are concluded effectively, efficiently and consistently. You will be responsible for assessing cases considering the facts, legal requirements, policy and good practice, before making balanced decisions based on evidence. You will also need to ensure that our casework management system is kept updated and ensuring that you work in line with our dispute resolution principles.
- Casework and Jurisdiction
- Report Writing
- Assess your determination in accordance with the Housing Ombudsman dispute resolution principles:
- Be fair – treat people fairly and follow fair processes
- Put things right
- Learn from outcomes
- Working on complaints identified as being suitable for intervention or investigation
- Determining cases by way of formal investigation
- Articulation of decisions on jurisdiction/ intervention/ investigation
- Issue determination of complaint
- Capture and use information and data clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding internally and externally
Although we cannot guarantee levels of work, if any, we’re ideally looking for you to be able to commit to completing two, or more, cases a month, following completion of your training.
Please note that we cannot appoint employees or shareholders of Scheme members to these roles.
If you believe you offer the skills that would enable you to join our panel of Bank Adjudicators, please download the attached role profile, which includes an FAQs section.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED