London – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£40,491 plus excellent benefits
24 April, 2022 11:59 pm
An exciting opportunity to use your proven investigatory, casework and communication skills to make a real difference to millions of households.
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution services for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
As an Investigator, based in this newly created team within our Dispute Resolution function, you will use your logical, evidence-based approach and customer care skills to investigate housing complaints within the jurisdiction of the Housing Ombudsman. You will define the outstanding issues of complaint and write clear and concise investigation reports. A proportion of our residents are in challenging situations, and you will be responsible for guiding them through the process.
On completion of the investigation, you will use our guidance and best practice to make appropriate orders and recommendations that put things right for the resident where there has been a failure. You will also use your insight and experience to make recommendations to influence the future of the landlord’s complaint handling where improvements are identified.
Key requirements for this role include:
- Knowledge and experience of dispute resolution and complaint handling
- Experience of working at pace and delivering against set targets and KPI’s
- Ability to work autonomously, with responsibility for your own workload
- Excellent customer service skills; both in written and verbal communication
- An understanding of the role of an Ombudsman and/or a regulatory environment will be helpful, as will housing law knowledge, though it is your ability to reach fair findings, at pace, that is essential.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of this ambitious, influential and growing organisation.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED