London – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£54,833 plus excellent benefits
6 April, 2022 11:59 pm
Compliance and Systemic Investigations Manager
Opportunity to use your proven investigatory skills to make a difference for millions of households. As Compliance and Systemic Investigations Manager, you will provide direction and leadership for systemic investigation into the wider and deeper issues driving complaints to provide recommendations to improve the social housing sector.
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
As Compliance and Systemic Investigations Manager, leading a small team, you will identify potential areas for further investigation arising from our casework and active data management; provide direction and leadership for systemic investigation; and be responsible for our programme of work to hold landlords to account for their compliance with the membership requirements of our Scheme and the Complaint Handling Code. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of a suite of systemic investigations;
Ensuring outcomes are shared with key partners and actions are taken at the appropriate level to address recommendations;
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of our systemic investigations;
- Monitoring and reporting on landlord performance statistics;
- Identifying potential areas for systemic and thematic investigations from our case data and sector intelligence;
- Using case data and performance trends, identifying landlords for intervention work;
- Conducting compliance activities to bring landlords into compliance with the Scheme and Code;
- Developing content for our Centre for Learning.
Your track record will demonstrate your ability to lead investigations and reach fair and effective findings. An understanding of the role of an ombudsman and/or a regulatory environment will be particularly helpful in helping to maximise the team’s impact. Your excellent written and spoken communication skills will be key in ensuring the Service is viewed as an authoritative source of data and knowledge across the sector.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of this ambitious, influential and growing organisation. For further details, please download the information pack.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED