Home based – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£36,588 plus excellent benefits
18 April, 2022 11:59 pm
Data Protection Adviser (x 3)
The Housing Ombudsman Service is growing to further enable us to improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services across the social housing sector. As part of this expansion, we now have opportunities for three data protection advisers who will support the Data Protection Manager (DPM) in helping to ensure compliance with our statutory obligations regarding the Data Protection Act, GDPR and FoI requests.
As a Data Protection Adviser, you will have a key remit in promoting service wide information governance and security across the organisation through providing advice, guidance and training. You will also assist the DPM with responses to Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act requests and act as a point of triage for incidents reported.
In addition to your ‘can-do’ approach, resilience and focus on providing first class customer service, key requirements include:
- Proven ability to apply GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 to meet business objectives;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the practical consequences of the GDPR and DPA 2018;
- Proven ability to reach a decision following an investigation of a breach of the DPA;
- Knowledge of information security principles;
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively in a variety of formats with all levels of colleagues and stakeholders;
- Experience of maintaining key documents such as plans, strategies, risk registers and briefings; and
- Experience of creating or delivering training.
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance (35 hour working week).
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of our ambitious, influential and growing organisation. For further details, please download the information pack.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED