London - Exchange Tower / Hybrid – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£66,225 plus excellent benefits
1 June, 2022 11:59 pm
Head of Corporate & Information Governance
If you offer extensive experience of leading a team in a corporate governance capacity, ideally gained within a public sector setting, this pivotal and broad ranging senior role offers the opportunity of working closely with our senior leadership team (attends SLT meetings) with responsibility for leading the Corporate and Information Governance Team which covers a range of corporate services: including information compliance, project management, business information reporting and corporate governance functions.
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution services for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
As Head of Corporate & Information Governance, you will be responsible for:
- leading work directly supporting the Senior Leadership Team on the development of the Strategic Plan, annual Business Plans, and Directorate Operational Plans.
- monitoring and reporting on performance using data driven analysis against agreed programmes, projects and key performance indicators to a regular reporting schedule, including supporting the preparation of the annual report and accounts.
- providing specialised knowledge to senior management and staff, ensuring compliance and best practice on information governance.
- leading on the Data and Digital strategies and fostering a data protection culture, promoting good practice principles of openness, transparency, and appropriate data sharing, whilst also acting as Deputy / Operational SIRO.
- supporting the Finance and Corporate Services Director, the Chief Operating Officer and Ombudsman with senior leadership governance arrangements and supporting key non-executive and external accountability meetings, building strong and effective relationships with these senior stakeholders.
For this key role, you will offer extensive corporate governance expertise and possess an in-depth knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements applicable to corporate management and governance. This knowledge will include a good understanding of information, data and cyber security, especially relating to the effective and secure management and exploitation of an organisation’s information. Working with senior stakeholders, you will require excellent communications skills. In addition, your track record will evidence your ability to manage and develop a team, as well as your project and change management skills.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance, including a 35 hour working week.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of this ambitious, influential and growing organisation.
For further details, please download the information pack and apply.
CLOSING DATE: 23.59 on Wednesday, 1st June 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to close the role to applications earlier than indicated.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED