Home-based - with occasional cross-country travel – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£41,375.76 plus excellent benefits
30 August, 2023 11:59 pm
People Business Partner
Exciting opportunity for a positive, ‘can-do’ HR generalist with proven employee relations casework skills and experience to play a key role within our rapidly expanding organisation.
Based within our small People team and supporting the People, Learning & Development Manager, you will contribute to the continuous development and delivery of the People Strategy including People management systems, policy, processes and procedures. In addition, you will provide comprehensive and effective People advice to all colleagues and take a lead on the day-to-day facilitation of the People operational programme.
In particular, your remit will include:
- building and maintaining effective working relationships with managers and other stakeholders.
- advising and coaching managers to effectively manage all employee relations issues in line with policy and best practice.
- leading on employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, and absence escalating complex casework to senior People team members.
- leading the payroll process and co-ordinating with the Finance team to ensure correct employee data is processed for the monthly payroll.
- assisting with developing and implementing a range of People policies.
Ideally CIPD Level 5 (or higher) qualified, for this pivotal role you’ll offer a proven track record within a dynamic HR / People team and will possess:
- strong IT skills – Microsoft Office suite and HRIS experience (ideally People HR);
- a proven understanding of People processes including employee relations;
- up to date knowledge of Employment Law;
- the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- experience of working with payroll processes; and
- up to date knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
Experience gained within the public sector or in a not-for-profit organisation is desirable, as is some experience of learning and development.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of our ambitious, influential and growing organisation.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance, including a 35-hour working week.
For further details, please download the information pack.
CLOSING DATE: 23.59 on Wednesday 30th August 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date (close it early). The role will be closed to new applications immediately if / when we receive 150 applications or at the stated closing date – whichever occurs first. Applications after the role has closed cannot be accepted. We therefore strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED