Home-based – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£37,387.47 plus excellent benefits
6 August, 2023 1:01 am
Executive and Governance Support Officer
As Executive and Governance Support Officer, you’ll use your excellent organisation, administrative and communication skills to support The Ombudsman and Senior Leadership Team within this high profile and growing organisation.
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
Reporting to the Governance Senior Officer, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive, proactive and timely executive support service to the Housing Ombudsman, Executive Team and Corporate and Information Governance Service. This will include:
- Managing of assigned diaries and email accounts
- Ensuring that the Housing Ombudsman’s programme is managed effectively, liaising regularly with other teams to obtain any papers in advance of meetings and responding to queries as appropriate, and commissioning and compiling information ahead of stakeholder meetings or speaking engagements
- Responding quickly and efficiently to ad-hoc requests from the Housing Ombudsman, Chief Operating Officer and Directors
- Managing correspondence from the public to the Ombudsman
- Providing broader support to the Chief Operating Officer and Directors, commissioning and compiling information ahead of meetings or speaking engagements
- Organising external meetings and attendance at conferences and events for the Housing Ombudsman, Chief Operating Officer and Directors, including travel and accommodation arrangements
For this key role, we’re looking for someone who is highly organised, with excellent written and oral communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Your experience will include organising and co-ordinating at executive level. You will also have a track record that demonstrates your exceptional organisational, project management and customer service skills. Experience of secretariat duties, particularly minute taking, action logging and managing papers, is also key.
It’s an exciting time to join us. Please click apply and download the Candidate Application Pack for further details.
CLOSING DATE: midnight on Monday 7th August 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date (close it early). We therefore strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED