Home-based – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£47,619.31 plus excellent benefits
28 June, 2023 11:59 pm
Senior Communications and Engagement Officer
As Senior Communications and Engagement Officer at the Housing Ombudsman Service, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to use your media relations, public affairs and / or stakeholder engagement communications skills to improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services across the social housing sector.
Within this key role, you will contribute to the delivery of the Housing Ombudsman’s communications and engagement strategy with a focus on the Ombudsman’s external affairs activity, covering media, public affairs and stakeholder engagement.
Using your communications expertise, and reporting to a Communications Manager, you will create and deliver a breadth of integrated communications and stakeholder activity to promote the Ombudsman’s key messages and raise the Service’s profile. This will include:
- developing and delivering proactive media activities;
- organising outreach with elected representatives, managing speaker requests and organising events;
- supporting engagement with our sponsor department including correspondence, parliamentary questions, enquiries and meetings;
- and developing engaging content (including press releases, media briefings; policy briefings; sector reports) for a range of channels including web and social media.
As well as your excellent written and verbal communications skills, you’ll possess a strong news sense and will be able to demonstrate:
- a successful track record in media relations, public affairs and / or stakeholder engagement within a high profile national organisation;
- experience producing high-quality briefings in different formats for internal and external stakeholders;
- experience developing and implementing successful communications/external affairs campaigns;
- experience of managing and communicating with a range of stakeholders, including MPs, regulators and councillors; and
- knowledge of the policy environment and political context influencing the Ombudsman’s work, with housing policy knowledge being ideal.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of our ambitious, influential and growing organisation.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance, including a 35-hour working week.
For further details, download the information pack.
CLOSING DATE: 23.59 on Wednesday 28th June 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date (close it early). The role will be closed to new applications immediately if / when we receive 150 applications or at the stated closing date – whichever occurs first. Applications after the role has closed cannot be accepted. We therefore strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED