Home-based with occasional office attendance – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£ 56,031.18 plus excellent benefits
17 September, 2023 11:59 pm
Strategy and Governance Manager
Exciting opportunity to use your corporate governance expertise to help us achieve our vision and values through the delivery of our three-year corporate plan and annual business planning processes, annual reporting, and management of the executive and directorate support functions.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate & Information Management, and leading a small team, in this highly collaborative role, you will work with our Senior Leadership Team and non-executives to ensure we deliver our strategic ambitions and agreed outcomes.
Responsible for the staff management of the Governance and Assurance function, you will lead and develop the governance systems through the effective running of Senior Leadership Team and Directorate Team meetings, and also support key non-executive (Advisory Board and sub-committees) and external accountability meetings, building strong and effective business partner relationships with these senior stakeholders.
Key accountabilities include:
- Developing and maintaining the HOS system of governance so that it provides high quality information for decision-making, monitoring and assurance purposes to relevant governance groups at the right time, through a business-partnering approach.
- Developing and embedding corporate and annual business planning processes, built on a good understanding of the organisation’s current position, key stakeholders, external environment and related interdependencies.
- Working with the Project Management Office to ensure effective programme and project board updates are scheduled into the forward plan to aid decision-making.
- Overseeing risk management across the organisation and promoting good practice.
- Producing the Annual Report and managing the laying of the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Working with the Comms & Engagement team, ensuring all key governance documents are published to agreed timescales.
- Leading the forward programme of Advisory Board meetings with the Ombudsman, ensuring they are focussed on strategic developments and deliveries.
- Leading in the collation of papers for regular accountability meetings with our sponsor Department and building an effective relationship with their sponsorship team.
For this newly created management role, you’ll require proven corporate governance experience, ideally gained within the public and / or charity sector, which will include:
- a track record of supporting the strategic development and production of corporate/annual business plans;
- coordination and administering of corporate and senior level organisational meetings;
- substantial experience of preparing proposals, briefings, presentations, reports, and other documentation and providing management information both verbally and in report format;
- experience of risk management and risk assurance; and
- experience of line management and performance appraisal.
Your excellent written and verbal communications skills will include the ability to deliver professional yet complex and challenging messages at a very senior organisational level in an appropriate and professional manner.
It’s an exciting time to join us and to contribute your skills to the evolution of our ambitious, influential and rapidly expanding organisation.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance, including a 35-hour working week.
For further details, please download the information pack.
CLOSING DATE: 23.59 on Sunday 17th September 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date (close it early). The role will be closed to new applications immediately if / when we receive 150 applications or at the stated closing date – whichever occurs first. Applications after the role has closed cannot be accepted. We therefore strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED