London or Home-based – all our roles are available office-based, hybrid or home-based
£66,225 plus excellent benefits
24 July, 2022 11:59 pm
Head of Finance & Procurement
Exciting opportunity for a fully qualified (CCAB) Head of Finance to lead our finance and procurement function in this new role within our ambitious, influential and growing organisation.
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution services for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services (DFCS), you will lead the finance and procurement function and be responsible for:
- The provision of timely and accurate integrated financial and corporate performance information to internal and external audiences.
- Maintaining appropriate and up-to-date policies and procedures that ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and sponsor department requirements, including Departmental returns and financial information.
- Supporting in the formulation of corporate and business plans, delivering the annual budget and advising directorates on the budgetary impacts of their plans. Lead budget setting process that considers maintenance of sufficient reserves and cash flow.
- Management and oversight of all transactional finance processes.
- Commercial and procurement advice to DFCS and SLT.
Applications are invited for this key role from fully qualified accountants (ACA, ACMA, CIPFA or ACCA) with a proven track record leading a finance function, ideally gained within the public sector. You will have experience of developing finance systems, policies, and procedures which ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and sponsor department requirements. You’ll be adept at managing a team and will possess the communications skills to liaise effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels. Proven experience of using an ERP system, ideally Oracle Fusion, is key, as is advanced Excel and Oracle BI.
In addition to the salary offered, we also offer a range of other benefits including a commitment to a healthy work / life balance, including a 35 hour working week.
For further details, please download the information pack.
CLOSING DATE: 23.59 on Sunday, 24th July 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: Following unprecedented interest in our vacancies, we reserve the right to close the role to applications earlier than indicated.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity. We have an environment that is inclusive and recognises the value of difference in the workplace.
THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED